Data/IT Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se BlogRankers.com Internet Nätets bästa sajter!

Apr 29, 2010

Tracker News: FTN & Paypal

First text
Hey guys,

I'm really not sure how to go about this, but I'm going to try my best. As you might have noticed, we took down the donation page about a week or so ago. Truth is, we've lost access to the paypal account and haven't been able to get another functioning account working due to PayPal policy and whatnot. I won't go into details, but basically we have no way to pay our bills, even if we had the funds to do so.


As you can probably see where I'm going with this.. FTN will be going down tomorrow. It's not easy for me to be saying this, and I know a lot of you are going to be unhappy with the news, but there's really not a whole lot we can do at this point. We've had an amazing 4 years, but I'm sure we can all agree that nothing lasts forever.


It's truly been a pleasure providing this site for you guys, and I believe I speak for all staff when I say that you guys have made this place more than just a hobby for us. I'm not sure what the future holds for the torrent scene, but I'm proud to know that we were able to contribute.


Take care guys, and thanks again for everything.
 

~Brandon 

Second update

Update: 
We believe we've managed to sort something last minute, however we'll still need funding for this next month since our previous funds are frozen. I'll update you guys further on this tomorrow, but it looks like we might just pull through this. Thanks for your support  

Third update 
Due to the amount of fraudulent transactions last month, paypal decided to flag our account and found it to be nonlegit. They're not exactly willing to work with us on the situation. Just because I made the news post the day b4 we were issued cancellation doesn't mean we gave up that day. We've been trying to sort this for a while now 

Still waiting on an update from our hosting company. The second that's all cleared up, I'll update the donation page and you guys can jump in. I'll update further when that time comes. 

Fourth update


Cool! FTN has its new life.
Hey guys,

I felt I'd make this a new news post so you were all aware in case you don't use the index page as your bookmark.

The good news is, we're still here! We've setup a new paypal account, and were loaned the money for the server that was supposed to go down today.


So what happens next? Well.. Since we had to start with a fresh account and our previous funds are frozen in the old account.. we've pretty much got 0 funds, so ftn is now in your hands. If you can help, we'd absolutely appreciate it. Please don't feel obligated though, at the end of the day this is still just a website and I don't want ftn to be the cause of you going hungry.


Thank you in advance for your support, and for keeping your fingers crossed.
 
Now lets get back to normal!

~B

PS: We're working on a solution to prevent this from happening in the future. Also, we're aware of the error you might be seeing. We're experiencing some latency issues right now, but they should resolve themselves. 


Last update 
You guys are amazing. Seriously, the fact that you love this place enough to get our funding up in little over a day is absolutely beyond flattering and truly makes me proud that FTN means that much to you. You guys pulled through on your end and myself and the staff are truly grateful for your generosity. As you may already have guessed, the site will go on, thanks to you. I always said we had the best members, and you guys have proved that.

On a side note, I took down the donations page temporarily since we went over our 100% goal. From now on, I'll be taking the link down once we reach our goal to ensure we don't go over and raise any more flags with paypal. I also plan on changing the way we do things a bit, and paying our bill a month in advance to ensure we always have a month to fall back on, and to keep as few currency in our paypal at any point in time as possible.

Thank you SO much, and I promise we'll put twice as much effort into this place now that we all realize both how much it means to us, and how much it means to you.

~B  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Not good ! :(

Anonymous said...

dont want to sound pessimistic, but could be a ploy to make some money. i doubt that is the case, but it does seem that way for outsiders who dont know brandon and co very well.

Anonymous said...

problem solved donation reached at 115% in just 5 hours so FTN is still in the game

Anonymous said...

Man, GFT is a little over-rated. While they have great pre-times, the amount of user activity is horrible...reminds me of SCC but worse.

Im not concerned about pretimes, in fact, i dont even mind the lack of activity if they at least had good staff...but their sysop has a trigger-finger on the warn, soooo many people I know have been warned there.

A good site that doesnt warn u for every little thing (only for HNR as far as ive seen) is a small HD tracker out there called Seed-Bytes

http://www.seed-bytes.com/signup.php

Like I said, its small but has great content and always fast speeds (everything is on seedboxes) so signup while you can

Anonymous said...

If your looking for a new tracker, with great content then you should pop on over to http://leech2seed.info
Got some great members for such a new tracker and the staff are pretty cool aswell.

Unknown said...

Danau Mead adalah 20 mil timur dari Las Vegas. Danau Mead merupakan kenaikan yang mudah. Hal ini umumnya 10 derajat lebih hangat dari Las Vegas. Oleh karena itu, pertimbangkan mendaki
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
hobiqq
rajawaliqq
http://192.254.236.33/asikqq78/
paito vegas morning
paito warna oregon 03
paito warna oregon 12

Post a Comment